24.9.12

Awash Part I











* * *

Notes: More to come, and I do apologize for the lag between posts as of late.  As some of you might notice, I'm back to my old camera (alas, I know, but there will be more with my father's SLR eventually).

This photoshoot happened in stages, so it will appear here in two parts.  I delayed and delayed in posting because I felt kind of uncomfortable about sharing pictures of Madeline wearing so little.  

In this first section, I was sort of thinking about a Rococo Venus, stripped of the pastoral foliage, putti, waves, and aristocratic pretensions to immortality.  Instead, there is just her alone with her thoughts, a bed, and the cool air in the room.  She's much too sweet to be an Olympia after Manet, and there's a bored, listlessness about her-- she is having one of those mornings where nothing can remove the temptation to stay in bed a little longer than one should.
* * *

0 comments:

Post a Comment